Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, New Blog!

I'm new to bloging, so there's going to be a stretch here where I don't know how to do anything. Please bear with me as I tinker. Maybe it will all be easier than I expect and I'll be bogging with my toes in no time...

Now that I think about it, bloging with toes is probably the wrong way to blog. Hopefully that does not happen.

There will be tons of book-talk in this blog because I'm a young adult author. I love to read as well as write, and I like learning about all the different aspects of this industry. And then I want to tell others about it because it's all so exciting, scary, and fascinating, and I can't believe how little I knew when I started. I'm sure still have many, many things to learn, but I'm hoping a few helpful bits of information will turn up here in my ramblings.

The novel I'm currently working on is called Shades of Blue. It's a young adult, urban sci-fi/adventure. My agent is Jen Rofe at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, and I'm finishing up what will hopefully be my final edits on Shades of Blue before we start submitting to editors.

So there's that. Now on to the "New Year" part of the title! This year flew by. Seems like Halloween was only a week ago, I can't believe it's already 2009. I hope everyone's holidays were happy.

The start of the year also means new resolutions for a lot of people. I wonder how many resolutions get kept. I've never been big on them myself. It seems more productive to make them throughout the year as they become important rather than in one big lump that you have to work on all at once. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. A lumpy one, with an excess of disappointment in one's self.

For those who've made resolutions, I wish you the best of luck. For those who manage to keep them, how do you do it?

No comments: