Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Very exciting!

I got hired as a staff writer on Ichumon! I found out last night, so I've been happy, bouncy girl all day. :) I don't think it has totally sunk in yet. Maybe when the work starts. I have to get MSN though. I've been saying I should for like 3 years now, so I guess it was only matter of time.

I've been slowly chipping away at the new manuscript. Up to 17,661 words. I think I'm gong to toss most of the first chapter though. I always have a hard time with those. I don't even want to think about how many times I rewrote the first chapter for Shades Of Blue. But I'm happy with how it came out, so I suppose it was worth the effort.

Also, I saw this today and thought it was cute:



It's like a popple!

Does anybody even know what a popple is? Those stuffed animals that turn into a ball? I think I'm dating myself here...

Anyway, how do you think they trained the cat to do that? If I told a cat to do that I would expect it to claw me and run away. o_o

4 comments:

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Ok how the heck did the cat do that? That's crazy!

And Hurray!!!! Congrats on the staff writing position, that's awesome news!!!!!

Christopher Baggett said...

Congrats on being super awesome! And congrats on the manuscript! I should really just shelve everything and go back to finishing Origins of the Paladin, hrm. I swear to God, I write like a 3 year old with ADD.

Carrie Harris said...

Woo hoo! I missed this whole writing post thing. I'm doing the belated virtual dance of joy for you, though!

Hey. Quit laughing. I'm a good dancer.

LauraBlue said...

Thanks guys!